Head - Content Sales
Bala will innovate and create content opportunities for brands to dominate consumer’s minds
With 23 years of experience in the Media industry, Bala turned entrepreneur at Helios Media where he is currently a Director on the board.
Bala has been instrumental in co-authoring the journey of Helios Media where the business has grown from ad sales to syndication to branded content to pure content. As business evolve and grow, it is his primary responsibility to look at the overall profitability and therefore forecast for the future.
Born leader, ability to enthuse teams and create “Beliefs”. Bala has trained and Mentor several talent in the business who are now leaders in their own capacity in key organisations. Creative coupled with the ability to see brand-brand fits for maximizing revenue opportunities.Natural ability in building lasting professional relationships with client partners and associates coupled with good inter personal skills. He has the Ability to see solutions within a problem network and work out innovative “Value” offerings.
Key Career Highlights:
- Currently Founder- Director of Helios Media Private Limited: – Set up operations in 2011, running a with offices across Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru
- Business Head, Zoom – Times Television Network : – Overall responsibility for the P&L and Business growth from conventional ad sales, to AFPs to Film and Music exposure sales, to Digital revenue, Syndication sales, licensing & merchandising agreements and International Sales.
- MTV : – Account Director handling over 50% of west ad sales market. Later on was identified as the strategy head for the creation of the second line music channel for the network.
Star India Pvt. Ltd : – Regional Sales Head for Bangalore. Headed a team which handled Star Movies, Star World, Channel [V], National Geographic and Star Gold.
- Sony Entertainment Television : – Zonal Manager, handled key accounts with my team for the main channel of the network- Sony Entertainment Television.
- The Times Of India : – Sales executive in Bombay Times, The Times of India and later to the special initiatives team selling customized client oriented solutions.